Saturday, November 17

Party ON!

Last night, Head and Hands hosted a party in the Main Hall (5390 St. Laurent - upstairs from the Green Room). I headed up to mile end with a group of hipster queers that I met after watching Shelter at the image+nation festival. It was really fun in a naughty way - spilt beer all over the dance floor and people, crappy sound system belting out the "Violent Femmes", ladies with their hands down each others pants grinding on the dance floor ... how I love Montreal! I certainly enjoy attending civilized Kitty Cat Klub 5 a 7's in the village but wow! it was nice to party it up with people who were not discussing their condo fees.

Head and Hands' next party at the Main Hall is happening on World AIDS Day (November 30) for more details visit http://www.headandhands.ca/.

Another sure to be interesting event on World AIDS day is taking place downtown from 5 until 10 pm, "Echos Séropos from here and elsewhere" magazine is also having a Fundraiser at Gorée (1240 Crescent Street). It is hosted by the completely fabulous DJ Kani.

Anyway, I am showered and off to volunteer at the Imperial. The Itty Bitty Titty Committee is playing tonight. I am hoping to catch it on my shift.

Rachel ***

No comments: