Thursday, November 15

Ladies at Le Stud

Stud (animal) - a male animal employed for breeding
- Wikipedia
Last night, having wandered the length of the village looking for an open bar that wasn't hosting a Karaoke night, myself and the clutch of gay boys I was wandering with, entered our Wednesday night standby Bar Le Stud. Wednesdays are the only nights that women are allowed into Le Stud, a male meat market which kinda looks like a grungy cage aux sports except that the men on the large screens are bare backing instead of playing hockey. As per usual, the crowd was mainly male however a decent selection of women were at the pool tables and chatting at the bar.

Perhaps because I hadn't seen her in a few months, it took me awhile to recognize wonderful casually sipping a beer while watching two on screen bears going for it with the help of a large leather sling. I sidled up to her.

"Now what is a woman like you doing in a place like this?"
A grin took over her face before she spoke.
"Hey!" kiss, kiss, "How are you?"

We caught up and then engaged in light to medium conversation. It was lovely to be on the receiving end of her easy smiles. When Deelite came on, we decided to brave the dance floor. She looked so cute getting her groove on, I had to ask for a kiss. It was brilliant! We continued to dance, kiss and drink until "last call" was shouted out over the grinding masses. Ten minutes later the lights came up. Her arms were still around my waist.

"I live on Wolfe. Do you want to come over?"

Logic made me pause. It was past three. At what time would I have to leave the Village in order to get home, shower, change and be at work for nine? As I considered wonderful leaned forward and whispered in my ear.

"Je suis une top."
Yes! "Let's go."

Rachel *****

No comments: