Thursday, October 11

Tonight!

I am actually quite excited about going to Mado's tonight. Cabaret Mado is the place where I have had the most success picking up women in Montreal. I know, it hardly makes any sense. Cabaret Mado is a drag queen cabaret, Mado being the self proclaimed Queen of Drag Queens. Or maybe it does make sense ... bi-curious fag hags pretending to be there for the show while really checking out the female talent in the crowd? Hmm ... maybe I should suggest a drag show at Le Drug.

One pick up in particular was stupendous. To this day, I have no idea how I managed to be so fortunate. I was standing with my back to the stage checking out this absolutely beautiful woman. She had an eighties look going on, large gold hoop earrings, black silky hair tied back in a tight pony tail, black crop top showing just the right amount of tanned tummy, tight dark blue jeans and tall heels. Yum! As I was taking her in, she turned her large amber eyes to me and caught me staring. Busted! She did not smile. In fact her look was so cold, I thought I would soon be wearing her drink. Then a smile teased at the corner of her mouth, she grabbed my hand, said, "You're cute.", and led me downstairs to the women's washrooms.

We entered a mosaic clad stall and made out. Our hands flowed everywhere - up, over, under - it was so HOT! It was actually really, really hot and definitely heading towards bras unsnapping and zips opening when someone flushed in the stall next to us. All of a sudden I became acutely aware of where we were, the flushes and other sounds, the toilet paper clinging to my shoe, the hard edge of the sanitary napkin disposal biting into the small of my back ... I hesitated and the moment was lost. We smiled and returned upstairs. I bought her a drink, got her number and that was it.

Okay, maybe that wasn't a pick up per se but it certainly was a saucy flirt. By the way, I did call her but she had met some guy bla bla bla.

So, um, not that I expect a similar thing to happen tonight but I will be wearing my brightest tie.

Rachel ***

No comments: