Thursday, October 18

Happy Rides

Holy, I am the luckiest of the lucky! Last night on my metro ride back home from a friend's place in the Plateau, gorgeous magically appeared in my car. Okay, maybe that is an exageration but, well, I was adjusting the volume on my iPod when I heard a soft voice ask "Rachel?" I looked up to find gorgeous looking down at me.

Jumping out of my seat, I could not hide my excitement to see her. "Hi!", kiss on both cheeks, "Where are you coming from?" We shared some small talk for maybe two stations and then she looked at me rather intently. Feeling very brave I said, "I really enjoyed talking with you the other night." "Me too." Pause. "You should call me." "I don't have your number." "Give me your phone."

I happily handed over my mobile. With an impressive display of finger dexterity she inputted her name, including winky smiley, and number into my phone. She pressed the phone back into my hand, kissed me on the cheek asked, "Friday?" and lept off the train just before the doors closed at Champ de Mars. Beaming, I nodded at her through the glass as I was pulled out of the station.

Oy! I love a woman who knows what she wants. I guess that whole shy theory has been thrown out the window. Bonus ;)

Rachel ****

No comments: