Friday, October 12

My sad little face

Yesterday during the day, I mentally psyched myself up to ask gorgeous out on a date. After much pondering of my awkwardness around her, it also occurred to me that she was a bit awkward as well. Could this be a sign? Perhaps she is shy! Have you ever noticed that when a person is really really attractive, they are viewed as unobtainable. But what a conundrum if you are very good looking and shy? Ever wonder why some really hot people go out with not so attractive people? I think it is because that the not so attractive people have the guts to ask! Not that I am saying that I am ugly, just that gorgeous is in a different league.

Bolstered by this logic I sped home on my pony (bike) after work, showered and put on my best shirt, my brightest tie and headed down to Cabaret Mado's. By the time I arrived, there were a good crowd of women, mainly in their thirties and forties, mingling by the bar. But no gorgeous. I kept an eye out for her but she was a no show. Sigh. It is hard not to worry that gorgeous' "single window", e.g. the amount of time a lesbian appears on the scene between spats of coupledom, is now closed. Who knows ... I should have asked her out earlier. What I do know is that I am on a mission and it is not for the missionary position! I met some other women of note over baileys but no phone numbers were exchanged. I guess everything is via facebook these days. Well, the weekend starts in less than seven hours. My cold sore cleared up on Monday, thanks to my consistent application of Zovirax over last weekend, and I am ready to continue my talent scouting mission.

To all of you who are also heading out to audition local talent this weekend - good luck!

Rachel **

  • Conversation with women of interest ***
  • Drinks offered to me **
  • Pick ups (nil)
  • New contacts ***

1 comment:

Ecossaise said...

Blast! At least you had the Baileys...