Tuesday, October 23

No. Absolutely NOT.

As these things go, I have recently reconnected with a number of people from my sporty spice days via facebook. I was happy to reconnect with one woman who is so obviously out from her profile pic. We had always been good acquaintances/ team mates but never really hung out much outside of sports. To be honest, when I accepted her friend request it was more of a strategic, "Hmm, she's out. Maybe she has cute friends?" kinda move than an actual desire to meet up with her in person. So, imagine my surprise to find this wall post from her when I logged into facebook this morning:
Hey! Nice pics of you from two years ago. What happened? You're twice the woman you used to be. lol.
Yes, a wall post viewable to all my friends. I friggin' tasted blood. Absolutely 100% NOT what I wanted to wake up to this morning. I started to write on her wall
My body is the way I want it. And other people want it, too...
But reconsidered. Why write a defensive reply that will potentially linger in the internet's ether forever when I could easily acquire as much cyberspace as I needed? I cancelled out of her profile and returned to mine.

Delete post? Are you sure you want to Delete it?
Delete.

Remove Friend? Are you sure you want to remove this friend?
Remove.

Ah, so much better!
Rachel ***

No comments: