Thursday, December 13

No degrees of separation.

Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that, if a person is one "step" away from each person he or she knows and two "steps" away from each person who is known by one of the people he or she knows, then everyone is no more than six "steps" away from each person on Earth ...
--Wikipedia
A Nearly Naked Noel was the bomb! And Cafe Campus was the perfect venue for it. I had an absolute blast last night. Well, I had a blast once I had deftly slalomed to avoid lesbian drama and was safely on my second g & t.

I absolutely adore Miss Sugarpuss. Correction, I have a massive crush on the gorgeous green eyed Miss Sugarpuss. She is yummy! So, imagine my excitement when I managed to find a seat a mere two tables from the stage just in time to catch Miss Sugarpuss and Seska Lee kick off the show. Then, imagine my horror when, post their delightful strip and tassel twist, a quick survey of my surroundings revealed that I had inadvertently sat next to the tonsil hacking twins, a.k.a. love of my life ex and former mutual friend. Worse still, I could not place the woman sitting at the table with them until wonderful sat down next to her. Brief but awkward eye contact with wonderful ensued.

One of the endearing qualities of love of my life ex, who I still appreciate even if she is more often than not somehow physically attached to former mutual friend when I see her, is that she is the master of introductions. Unfortunately, she chose to shine again in this capacity last night in a small pause between acts.

"Rachel, how great to see you!"

"Hi! Nearly didn't see you there." My arms made a vague attempt to outline the beast with two heads she and former mutual friend had so recently formed.

"Oh!" she had the decency to blush, "Still so happy after a year." Smile. So, after a year with me there was no happiness? ... Move on Rache.

"Rachel, I want you to meet wonderful and her partner main squeeze. We met at a female ejaculation workshop last summer."

Last summer. Hm ... definitely getting the feeling that if wonderful has a blog, my nickname is bit on the side.

"How ... wonderful!" I looked up at the balcony and made a vague wave to a speaker before turning back to their table. "Well, really nice to meet you both but I just spotted my friend upstairs." Many smiles were then exchanged around the table which I quickly left for the bar. I bought two gin and tonics, walked them up to the balcony and secured a better view of the stage. Once seated again, I downed one g & t and savored the second during the rest of the show. I giggled discreetly throughout.

Rachel (nil) keepin' my pants on!

PS Check this event out tomorrow

Girls Gone Wild Party!
Friday, December 14, 2007 at 10:00 pm
1285 Amherst below St- Catherine

No comments: