Monday, December 17

Enough with the snow already!

Baby all I want for Christmas is...
You
-- Mariah Carey
Can you believe this weather? Yesterday was a bit of a wild storm, loads of snow, mad winds and lightning! The last I heard on the radio, a total of forty centimeters fell here yesterday. If I'm calculating properly, that means that over a meter of the white fluffy stuff has fallen since September. Winter only officially starts on December 21st. I can't believe that I raved with joy about the snow in a previous post.

Last night, after having recovered from mounting the two foot high snow drifts that blocked my doorway, I made the horrific discovery that I was emulating a lesbian stereotype. Yep, there I was brewing herbal tea in fluffy slippers and an old cardigan. Worse still, I had been thinking how nice it would be to have people over for a potluck. What's next, a slew of cats? They would keep me warm I suppose ... Whoa! What is going on? Wasn't I supposed to have a girlfriend to keep me warm by now? Time to put on my snow shoes and get out there!

Except ... where are all the events? Chouettes Coquettes, mimproductions, and Outspoken Montreal next events are all in January. No more potlucks is the only site that lists an event in December. Actually, Deanne Smith will be performing (see details below) so that is bound to be a blast but I digress. Is it really too late to go on a date with someone before Christmas? Time to hit the internet dating sites like Pink Sofa and Reseau Contact.

Deanne Smith - Smart Mouth
Cagibi 5490 St.Laurent
Thursday 27th December, 21:45

Rachel (nil) - It's too cold to go out!

No comments: