Tuesday, January 22

What the frack?

I watched the new CBC drama "The Border" last night. Yes, thanks to the writers' strike, I am reduced to watching CBC shows where the "Latin American" female character has a French Canadian accent. I think she was reaching for a generalized South American one but over extended herself, hit both poles and ended up back in Canada. Also distracting was the complete extroversion of the "geek" guy on the show. Worse still this geek used, "fracking" in a sentence. What? That's a Battle Star Galactica fake f**k. Or perhaps that was actually clever... Regardless, a girl needs something to iron to and, I suppose, the show did suck me in as I did over starch a collar or two.

There are a number of Capricorns in my life so this past week was spent at mainly straight birthday parties. As a result, I'm a little stir crazy but I have to say, it's a good idea to have those steadfast climbing goats on one's side. One of them has even helped me set up a "Get Rachel Laid: 2008" project plan. We have set the scope and mapped out a few targets for the first quarter including "Improvement of the Bring on the Women Feng Shui" chez moi. Lucky for me, I was recently given a lovely print of two women going for it. It looks very well in my bedroom and who knows, maybe I'll meet a delightful someone at Stand Up/Strip Down to show it off to.

Rachel (nil - too busy feng shui-ing to head out in the cold)

Stand Up/Strip Down
Thursday, January 24, 2008
8:30pm - 10:30pm
Theatre St. Catherine
264 St. Catherine E
$10

No comments: