Sunday, January 13

All by myself ...

When you choose to meet off-line, always tell a friend where you are going and when you will return. Leave your date’s name and telephone number with your friend. Never arrange for your date to pick you up at home. Provide your own transportation, meet in a public place at a time with many people around (a familiar restaurant or coffee shop is often a good choice)

-Match.com Safety Tip #8 Meet in a Safe Place


Today, I called wildernessnurse's bluff and she was a no show. To be honest, even as I left downtown to head to the Plateau, I doubted she would appear. I mean, things were a little weird in that last chat. She flashed me. Was this a real woman who had been in a sexy photo shoot or a man with keen flat bed scanning capabilities? Or, was it one of my brothers teaching me a lesson about Internet dating? The last option being the scariest!

After half an hour of reading and earning a decent caffeine buzz, I realised that wildernessnurse had blown me off in the non enjoyable way. Well, nothing like being stood up to clearly indicate that someone is just not that into you! I did have a lovely time reading my novel, though. It has been a while since I was in Chez Jose. I had forgotten how lovely and relaxed it is there. In fact, I had forgotten how much I enjoy sipping cafe lattes on Duluth. Also, Chez Jose seems to attract the kind of sexy clientèle I appreciate. Women in scarves, heavy sweaters, short skirts, tights and heavy boots. Yummy.

Internet dating has still to win me over but rediscovering tasty, bent lady hot spots has to be worth a few stars.

Rachel ***

No comments: