Friday, April 4

Cruise controlled

Sometimes I like to go out and play with the cool kids at Cruise Control. Apparently, this party has been happening on the first Thursday of the month for over a year. Hilariously, last night I overheard that cruise control "used to be so much better" as a few cruisers bemoaned the "Queer McGill" invasion. Queer McGill? Oh dear, how completely ridiculous for me to be in a room with so many asymmetrical hair cuts and mismatched socks. And the young owners of said ... well, they could actually be my kids if my reproductive organs hadn't happily remained unfertilized during my misbehaving younger years.

I've heard all those complaints about "kids today", where are we at now Generation Z?, but I find that at these younger nights, e.g. Cruise Control and Faggity Ass Fridays, people tend to be polite, friendly and fun. So, does it matter that I'm more than a decade older than most of them? Does it matter that they include fancy terms like "gender presentation" when complimenting my ties? At least they are up dancing. Anyway, maybe I'd feel a bit odd picking up a 19 year old but I figure that in a decade or so I would definitely be well too old for that. Besides I'm there to party not to find a life partner.

Tonight, however, is a different story. It is one degree, the snow is falling in moist wet flakes and I've got my swim suit in my bag ready for the village tonight. Nope, the Sky Complex's roof terrace jacuzzi is not open, I've been invited to a sauna party. Enough said.

Play safe!
Rachel

Cruise Control's clever facebook profile/ "market-cha-ching":

vinyl
2109 de bleury (coin sherbrooke)
NO COVER

Queer Dance Party and we mean it.
Bring everyone you know and then bring
the people you don't know, as long as
they know that:

Cruising Is Serious Business

Cruise. Dance. Drink.

No comments: