Wednesday, April 23

shed :-(

I had my annual check up last week. By annual I mean full - pap, blood tests, breast exam and weight. (By the way, if you are sexually active be sure to get a pap a year.) Anyway, my doctor called me today and everything is fine. No STIs to mention (yeah!) and everything else is within the realm of normal except my body weight. Especially as the extra I'm carry around is concentrated in my belly. Apparently my reacquired taste for bird's custard - what is cosier in the winter than a bowl of hot custard? - has hovered me back into the danger zone since my last check up. "Just shed five pounds". They always make it sound so easy.

However, it occured to me that working out may be a great way to casually meet women. "Can you spot me?" It worked for the guys on Queer as Folk, how different could it be for women in Montreal? lol! I signed up at the downtown YMCA, which cost a chunk of change, in order to investigate.

Rachel ***(anything for the cause!)

No comments: