Friday, April 11

Spring has Sprung!

Spring has finally come and it is time for some Spring Cleaning. Longer days have bright sunshine revealing the dust bunnies well into the evening, the dustiness of the magazines on my floor and the nasty looking build up of grime in my bathtub. Time to tidy up and rid my place of its winter residue for both my comfort and to make an impression on any overnight guests. Likewise, a good time to replace some bras, acquire fresh panties and trim my bush down to a navigable length.

Lately, though, I've been thinking a bit about some other accumulated clutter I need to eliminate. Some misconceptions I need to discard from my body and brain. I am trying to release myself from traditional views on relationships. I know, I know, I've been telling every one and their mother that I am looking for someone to settle down and have babies with. And I am, really, still but um ... that was last autumn and now it is spring, a spring after a very long cold winter - is it over, it is snowing as I write this in April! - and everyone looks so tasty. Literally, the women look delicious. I carefully choose which distractions to sit near while I write in cafes as writing erotica at home, with my bed and vibrator nearby, is currently not an option. So I am out and about. Looking. Admiring. And thinking maybe that Spring is the time for fun and not for restricting myself to one.

But what are my options? I review my copy of The Ethical Slut and am thoroughly shocked with this statement on page 49 concerning woman on woman sex:
"Think of all the fun you can have with never a worry about pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases!"

Yowsers! What an ignorant myth. Do women actually believe this? That because they are sleeping with other women they don't have to worry about safe sex? WHAT! Trust me fair readers, bacteria and viruses don't care what your gender or orientation is.

Rachel (* in shock)

No comments: