Monday, September 24

OMG

Earlier, in my facebook news feed the following item appeared:

"love of my life ex and former mutual friend are now engaged."

WTF! When the hell did this happen? She told me that she never ever ever wanted to get married. Outraged, but feigning a congratulatory tone, I sent her a message.

Subject: Engagement :)
Dear love of my life ex,

Wow! how exciting that you and former mutual friend are now engaged. I had no idea that you guys were so serious. When is the wedding? By the way how long have you been together?

curious,
Rachel
The reply ...
Subject: Re: Engagement :)
Rache!

So great to hear from you. I am really glad that you sound genuinely happy for us. Yes, former mutual friend popped the question on labor day but now we are telling everyone. I am so excited! We are going to have the wedding at the Lake. Hopefully your family will be up that weekend so you can enjoy the fireworks, too.

In terms of time line, I guess she and I have been off and on for the last year and a half.

love of your life ex
What! A year and a half? We only broke up a year ago. Women are evil.
Subject: Re: Re: Engagement :)
Dear love of my life ex

I'll let my brother's know - they love crashing weddings.

Rache.

No comments: