Wednesday, September 5

¿Hablas español?

¿Qué horas son, mi corazón?
Me gusta la cena, me gustas tú.
Me gusta la vecina, me gustas tú.
Me gusta su cocina, me gustas tú.
- Me gustas tú par Manu Chao

Everything is sexier in Spanish. Everything. I was on the bus today and overheard a woman essentially describing her job jar. Pretty boring stuff except she was describing it in español! Tengo que limpiar mi casa y comprar la comida ... I have to clean my house and buy groceries. But the way she moved her mouth! The rolling of her tongue on the erre's, the pursing of the lips, the passion of the pronounciation, all that and the hand gestures. ¡Qué rico! French may be the language of romance but, for me, Spanish is the language of sex.

According to statistics, the third most commonly spoken language in Montreal, after French and English, is Spanish. Every Saturday at Sky there is Latino night on the main floor. The drag show, the music, the dancing, the really hot women melding together in a salsa ... all in Spanish. A few nights at Sky this past summer was enough to have me signed up for a refresher class this fall. I started my Spanish class tonight.

As in most of the language classes I have taken, the majority of the students were women. I'd say that most are in their early to mid twenties with a handful either my age or older. A few had short hair but my gaydar was not picking up any signals until la profesora walked in. Oh my god, she is soooo cute! All Velma-esque in her little glasses and tight turtle neck. Though, an updated Velma with funkier hair and tight cords instead of a pleated skirt. Her cute little ass wiggled each time she wrote on the black board. I can already feel that I am going to be such a keener this year.

Hasta luego,

Rachel

No comments: