Friday, September 14

Travel Bug

My flight to Dublin was delayed ... seemed like a good time to do my Spanish homework.

Dykoon es la más generosa mujer del mundo.
Gorgeous es la más hermosa de mis amigas.
Estoy la más dificil mujer del mundo ...

A soft voice whispered in my ear:

Eres la más divertida mujer en este aeropuerte

I started from my seat, looked over my shoulder to find little miss everywhere grinning from ear to ear. She has a nasty habit of appearing out of nowhere.

As way of explanation she began, "I was on my way to my gate and I spotted you bending over your workbook. Were you listening to music?" I shook my head. "Hmm ... looked like your head was bopping along to something." A comment I might have been embarrassed by if it hadn't been swiftly followed by the sneakiest of grins.

"What are you doing in Montreal?" "I was here for a day of meetings. Sadly no time for other distractions..." "Just one day?" "Yes, I'm based in New York at the moment but popped up here," she indicated with her arm the airport and beyond, "to sort out a few items." "Nice." Pause.

"How the heck did you recognize me?" All of our encounters had been rather brief. Most involved adventures which can only be described as a hard night out. "What with your clothes on?" I had to giggle. "I guess so." She winked. That was hot.

"Beer or ..." I followed her eyes as they trailed over to the women's washroom.

You decide.

Rachel ***** (though not local)

No comments: