Monday, February 11

Self Love

Last night's "Self Love Meow Mix" hosted by Dukes of Drag was packed to the rafters with hot women and John Cussack (random, but seriously he was there). By all accounts Dukes of Drag, formerly known as King Size Montreal, performed their best show and the post show music spun by DJ Marie-H.B was awesome! People were dancing right up until the lights glared on at 3 am.

At a break from dancing like it was 1999, I spotted a very sexy woman at the bar. This lovely had eyes the colour of the Mediterranean Sea, light green speckled with gold. A cute tweedy cap perched atop her onyx locks, which tumbled in loose curls to her shoulders. The dark colour of her hair lay in sweet contrast to the paleness of her complexion, accenting high cheekbones, the cutest little nose and her full red lips. Beautiful. What a shame that after some light conversation, I invited her to an event the following Thursday.
"I can't go out during the week."
"That's too bad." Feigning nonchalance I inquired, "Do you have to get up early for work?"
"Well, it's more that I, like, work with retards."
Please not the "R" word! Inwardly cringing but secretly hoping she was referring to some office mates I asked, "Oh, can they tell if you have had a late night at the water cooler?"
"No, silly, I really work with retards. Once when I was hung-over I lost one of them!"
Hmmm… sleeping with someone capable of losing one of her intellectually-challenged charges? I wasn't going there. I guess that makes it 34,000 minus one. I suppose I should keep a running tab somewhere on this page.

Rachel (* - some things are best left unsaid :)

No comments: